Portfolios: Developing an art practice in collage mixed media
Are you ready to take it to the next level?
This thing that started out as a hobby, the thrill of gathering ephemera and found materials, the way it stirs your senses and pulls you in to the depths of other people’s stories, the glide of a good adhesive across the paper as you work, the thrill of seeing a composition develop out of ordinary, everyday detritus, into something worthy of being called art, it’s kind of addicting, isn’t it?
I know that feeling well.
The satisfaction of bringing new life to a stash of discarded and found papers. Connecting to the deeper meaning and the history of the elements, seeing your own stories emerge in the abstract arrangement. It all feels so good!
Whether for personal development or professional practice, this course will help you take your love of the art of collage mixed media to the next level, in a live and interactive online gathering of like-minded artists from across the globe!
Sometimes an artist just needs a little guidance.
This live interactive course is like having a mentor to get you to the next level.
Discussion points and demos to include:
- Creating work in a series
- Developing a cohesive body of work
- How to know when you’re ready to show or sell your work
- How to finish a work on paper for a professional presentation
- How to turn your passion for collage/mixed media into a body of work ready to present to a gallery or enter in an exhibition
- How to develop and own your own style as an artist
- Copyright concerns to be mindful of and how to interpret the rules in a way that doesn’t inhibit your creative freedom
- Creating work that lasts and has lasting appeal
- and more!
Here's what you get:
- Limited to 50 participants for more interaction with instructor
- Two live interactive sessions on Zoom
- Session one is an informative, instructional, art process, and technique/demo driven session schedule for October 12th from 1pm – 4pm CST
- Session two is a follow up Q&A/discussion driven session scheduled October 19th from 1pm – 2:30pm CST
- You do not need to be present at scheduled events. Live sessions will be recorded.
- Lifetime access to review recordings of both sessions and support materials, for ongoing review in your own private library on the website.
- An optional private Facebook group with peer and instructor support, where you will be able to post works in progress, continue to ask questions, and receive feedback and encouragement as you progress.
- The opportunity to have your work included in an online slideshow exhibition on the home page of Canary Rising, which will be promoted in the newsletter, and other social media platforms.
"You are an inspiration!
"What began as an idea
for 5 small encaustic collage pieces grew into a summer of endless appreciation . . . 23 pieces and growing. I feel that this is a collection that will span years and never cease for me. This is a testament for what a wonderful inspirational leader and group can do!"
"Her light shines bright
and invites each of us to allow our own creative spark to shine Thank you Crystal for your Canary Rising group and all of the inspiration and encouragement that you have shared so generously"
~ Bosha S